Olivier Latry, Organ
28.11.2017 | 19:30 | Wiener Konzerthaus- Großer Saal
Olivier Latry, organ
Johann Sebastian Bach
Concerto d-moll BWV 596 (1708-1717)
Felix Mendelssohn Bartholdy
Variations sérieuses op. 54 (Bearbeitung für Orgel: Reitze Smits) (1841)
Légende Nr. 2 S 175/2 «St. François de Paule marchant sur les flots» (Bearbeitung für Orgel: Max Reger) (1863)
Säbeltanz (Gayaneh. Ballett) (Bearbeitung für Orgel: Kalevi Kiviniemi) (1942)
Manuel de Falla
Danza ritual del fuego (El amor brujo «Der Liebeszauber») (Bearbeitung für Orgel: Olivier Latry) (1914-1915)
La cathédrale engloutie (Douze Préludes, 1. Buch) (Bearbeitung für Orgel: Léon Roques) (1909-1910)
Pelléas et Mélisande. Suite op. 80 (2. Satz: La Fileuse. Allegretto und 3. Satz: Sicilienne in Bearbeitung für Orgel von Louis Robilliard) (1898)
Danse macabre. Symphonische Dichtung g-moll op. 40 (Bearbeitung für Orgel: Edwin H. Lemare) (1874)
The Konzerthaus in Vienna (German: Wiener Konzerthaus) was opened 1913. It is situated in the third district just at the edge of the first district in Vienna. Since it was founded it has always tried to emphasise both tradition and innovative musical styles.
In 1890, the first ideas for a Haus für Musikfeste (House for music festivals) came about. The idea of the new multi-purpose building was to be more interesting to the broader public than the traditional Vienna Musikverein. In addition to the concert hall, the first drawings by Ludwig Baumann for the Olympion included an ice-skating area and a bicycle club. In an attached open air area, 40,000 visitors would be able to attend events. The drawings were not accepted. However, today an ice skating area is situated right next to the building.
The Konzerthaus was finally built between 1911 and 1913. The architects were Ferdinand Fellner and Hermann Helmer; the work was done in cooperation with Ludwig Baumann.
The building is about 70x40 meters and had originally three halls, in which there can be simultaneous concerts, since they are sound-proofed. The original Art Nouveau building was partly destroyed during renovations and adaptions, but the building was reconstructed from original sketches in the 1970s. A historic organ was installed in the Konzerthaus by the Austrian firm Rieger in 1913. Between 1997 and 2000 the house was completely renovated.
* Großer Saal, with 1,840 seats
* Mozartsaal, with 704 seats
* Schubertsaal, with 336 seats
* Berio Saal was added during the latest renovations and seats up to 400 people